We believe God calls on people to volunteer in various areas of passion to connect them personally to a mission that is dear and near to His heart. By aligning the person and the passion that God is birthing inside of them, a minister of transformation is born.
HOPE Ranch has numerous areas you can become involved with to touch the lives of many children and families in need. Not only will you put a smile on their faces, but you will experience a sense of purpose and accomplishment you have not before. You can see meaningful change happen right before your eyes and discover you are personally responsible for generational changes. You my friend, will turn into a real life CHAMPION of Change.
Here are the areas we could use some volunteers. All volunteer positions will require a background check through the use of fingerprinting. Each volunteer area listed below also includes minimal qualifications.Contact us
to become a volunteer!
Our horse program is an integral part of who we are as a ministry. With close to 100 children interacting with horses on a weekly basis, we need help! The volunteer for this area would have a love for children and horses. The person must be able to walk and stand for prolonged periods (1 hour or more) without assistance and should be able to bend, twist, and pick up about 10 pounds without difficulty. He or she must be able to hear and see well enough to supervise children and ensure their safety. While prior experience with horses is a plus, no experience is required as we will train in all areas of help. Some typical functions of this position include:
• Horse walker - walking alongside a horse while an unexperienced child rides the horse to ensure safety.
• Supervising children grooming horses as part of horsemanship classes taught by the instructor.
• Assisting the Barn Manager with tasks around the barn.
• Assist in caring for horses to include feeding, washing, grooming, exercising.
Answering phones at any of our campuses. Filing of student records. Greeting guests that come to the office. Helping enter student data. We have the usual clerical needs. We're looking for friendly people with even tempered personality, articulate in English, and able to communicate pleasantly. Ability to do simple filing and simple data entry using a computer is a plus. Some of these functions include:
• Filing student records
• Answering phone calls for the school
• Taking messages for staff
• Keeping office area clean (dusting, vacuuming)
Helping Teachers in the classrooms, during school hours, with children needing more assistance. Individual of all ages, with all levels of experience are needed. Need people with the ability to teach, submit to Teacher's directions on how to tutor our population, have patience, and love for children. Some of these functions are easy and fun and include:
• Reading stories to children
• Teaching math concepts
• Reviewing English concepts
• Encouraging learning by making it fun
• Sometimes, just being there to talk to
We need people with a desire to help raise funds or assist at fundraising events as needed. This would be self-directed individuals that would take on a challenge of raising funds for the school through either face to face networking, social media marketing, email campaigns, or any combination. The sky is the limit and we need your assistance to make this campuses even more successful in the mission. Some of these functions may include:
• Coordinating social media campaigns with items such as
- Email campaigns
• Coordinating/assisting fundraising events such as:
- Spirit day at a local restaurant
- Bowling events
• Coordinating/Assisting with a virtual thrift store to transform donated items into cash for the ministry
- Craigslist- eBay
Minor repairs are always needed in our three campuses. We need volunteers with basic repair knowledge and ability to use tools. Some of these repairs could include items such as:
• Replacing a broken flush handle on a toilet
• Changing A/C filters in the classrooms
• Changing light bulbs through the property and smoke detector batteries
• Nailing up some horse boards that have fallen
• Painting walls